Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Library Loot - March 4, 2009

I did not have any library loot last week, as I was out of town, but this week I once again make up for it by adding more books to my list than I can manage to read in a week.
  • The Aeneid by Virgil (Another one that will eventually get read for the Really Old Classics Challenge)
  • Metamorphoses by Ovid (see above)
  • Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (I have read so much about this book, I am looking forward to reading it)
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (on a Best of 2008 list, and still one of the most popular books at my library - I'm predicting now that I will not get it read before it's due back)
  • Coraline by Neil Gaiman (I already saw the movie, and I loved it, so now I finally have the book to compare it to)
  • Warriors: Tigerstar & Sasha #1 by Dan Jolley & Don Hudson, created by Erin Hunter (this is a manga that covers some of the back story of a few characters in the Warriors series - should be entertaining)
So there we are - as a note, it is obvious that I do not read quite this many books every week. Maybe I should start keeping track of the books that get returned when I can't even start them before they're due back. In that vein, this last week I returned Anathem by Neal Stephenson and Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri. They have both since been added to my to-read list, rather than my physical to-read stack.

No comments: