Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Library Loot - January 21, 2009

Another fairly big library week, although this should be the last big one for awhile. So what did I get?
  • Women in Early Medieval Europe by Lisa M Bitel (for the Medieval Challenge)
  • Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (also for the Medieval Challenge)
  • Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (I can't seem to stop reading books that will be made into movies - even though I usually hate the movies!)
  • Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman (this one was on a best of 2008 list for teens, so I thought I'd check it out)
  • The Aurora County All-Stars by Deborah Wiles (I think this one may have been from a best of 2007 list for kids)
  • Developing Library and Information Center Collections by G Edward Evans (for a class, Collection Development)
  • The Book: the life story of a technology by Nicole Howard (another book for my History of Books and Libraries class)
And there you have it. I do anticipate actually getting to all of these, although I may not be able to get the medieval ones read by the time the challenge is up. But it won't be for lack of trying!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck on the Canterbury Tales! We had to read a few of them in one of my classes, it is like Shakespeare only annoyingly rhyming. hehe

Lynda said...

I've started re-reading the Canterbury Tales - I must pick it up again.
Great book choices ;0)
my library loot is here:
http://lyndasbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/library-loot-21109.html

samantha.1020 said...

I've been meaning to read Inkheart for awhile now. I will definitely have to read it before I see the movie though :)

Alessandra said...

I've been wanting to read Inkheart too, but the waiting list for this one at my library is practically endless. Hope you enjoy it!

Eva said...

I love the Middle Ages! I enjoyed the book Inkheart, but not a ton. So that means I think I can go see the movie and not be traumatised. ;)