Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Themed Reading Challenge 2009

Okay, another challenge beginning in February, and I can't help but join. This is the Themed Reading Challenge, running from February 1st to July 31st.
The goal is to read books from your TBR pile that have a theme. These challenges have been really good for me, totally helping me get through this bookcase full of books that I own that I've never read.
There are three levels of participation, and I am joining at the lowest: four books focusing on one theme. My theme is, in one word, consumerism. The four books are non-fiction, and are in one way or another connected to the idea of consumerism or globalization.
So, here they are (in no particular order):
  • The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman
  • Branded by Alissa Quart
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Not Buying It by Judith Levine
I'm expecting good things. These are all books that I want to read. I've had Branded lying around for more than five years now, but I do want to read it. Yay for challenges!

No comments: