Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Library Loot - April 15, 2009

I have absolutely no excuse for this insanity. Maybe I should blame the people who set up these challenges . . . or maybe I should acknowledge that I signed up for more than I could possibly read. . . . Nah.
So, what does the insanity look like?
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
  • Hominids by Robert J Sawyer
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (I am excited about this, and I seriously hope it doesn't let me down - I put it on hold for two of my friends as well, so we'll see how they like it)
  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (Hopefully I will make it to the book club I signed up for on this one)
  • Empire Falls by Richard Russo
  • The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
  • The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (this is the first one)
  • Arc of Justice by Kevin Boyle
  • Call of the Highland Moon by Kendra Leigh Castle
  • Muse of Fire by Dan Simmons
  • Epigrams by Martial
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (I just started Coraline today, yay for Neil Gaiman!)
  • Stray Sock Sewing by Daniel (fun crafty stuff)
I didn't feel like typing the challenge or other reason behind every single book. If you're curious, just ask in the comments. Hopefully the Read-A-Thon will help me get through some of this nonsense . . .
If you would like to join library loot, check it out here.


Obsessed Reader said...

Wow, that is some serious loot, there! LOL! You got some great books..have fun reading them all!

JoAnn said...

I loved Empire Falls! Hope you will, too. I'm also curious about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...

Eva said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :D Kavalier & Clay is awesome!

Mary said...

Hope you like Empire Falls. I did!