Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Library Loot - April 15, 2009

I have absolutely no excuse for this insanity. Maybe I should blame the people who set up these challenges . . . or maybe I should acknowledge that I signed up for more than I could possibly read. . . . Nah.
So, what does the insanity look like?
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
  • Hominids by Robert J Sawyer
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (I am excited about this, and I seriously hope it doesn't let me down - I put it on hold for two of my friends as well, so we'll see how they like it)
  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (Hopefully I will make it to the book club I signed up for on this one)
  • Empire Falls by Richard Russo
  • The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
  • The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (this is the first one)
  • Arc of Justice by Kevin Boyle
  • Call of the Highland Moon by Kendra Leigh Castle
  • Muse of Fire by Dan Simmons
  • Epigrams by Martial
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (I just started Coraline today, yay for Neil Gaiman!)
  • Stray Sock Sewing by Daniel (fun crafty stuff)
I didn't feel like typing the challenge or other reason behind every single book. If you're curious, just ask in the comments. Hopefully the Read-A-Thon will help me get through some of this nonsense . . .
If you would like to join library loot, check it out here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is some serious loot, there! LOL! You got some great books..have fun reading them all!

JoAnn said...

I loved Empire Falls! Hope you will, too. I'm also curious about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...

Eva said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :D Kavalier & Clay is awesome!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Hope you like Empire Falls. I did!