Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-A-Thon Update # 1 and first hour meme

I finished my first book! Of course, it was one I was almost done with anyway, so I sort of cheated. That books was The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan. Other happenings in the first hour:
  • my dog whined so much, I had to take care of him, even though it's hours before he normally gets up
  • I've had two big cups of coffee when I have been drinking none! (I've been weaning myself off of it, but I still love it!)
For the first hour meme, here are my answers:

Where are you reading from today?

  • Bellevue, Washington

3 facts about me …

  1. I am an online student at San Jose State, getting my Masters in Library and Information Science
  2. I just celebrated five years of marriage (April 3rd) and we are currently trying to get pregnant!
  3. In the past few years I have become a big DIY-er, saving more things than I can use in an effort to buy less.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

  • Including the ones that I already started, I have seven definite books. I've never done anything like this, so I don't know how many I'll actually get read.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

  • No page or book goals really. I just want to read enough to make a small dent in the pile! I do plan on reading for 18 hours though. That's 24 minus my five hour cheerleading break, and an additional hour's worth of breaks, etc.
Update
Title of book(s) read since last update: The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan
Number of books read since you started: one!
Pages read since last update: 49 lol
Running total of pages read since you started: 49
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 80 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 80 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: none
Other participants you’ve visited: none
Prize you’ve won: none

4 comments:

Kari said...

Congratulations on finishing your first book already!!! Keep up the great work!

Sarah said...

I've found that starting a book before the readathon so you can finish it early to feel accomplished is a great thing to do!

Bybee said...

I don't think of it as cheating...just got you off to a good start! I read that book last month. I still feel dry and dusty in my mouth.

Serena said...

Good luck in the read-a-thon! I wanted to try and pop in an cheer some people on!