Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-A-Thon Update # 5 and mid-event survey

It was so nice to get back to reading after all that work I did on the computer during my cheerleading break. The work was for school, the cheerleading was fun! Since I got back to reading I read the rest of Coraline. I was only about 40 pages in before the read-a-thon started. So that was a nice change. I also ate some pizza, and we got enough to last me the rest of the read-a-thon! Yes!!
So, here are my responses to the mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
  • I just finished Coraline, which means I finished all of the books I had already begun! Next I think I will be reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.

2. How many books have you read so far?

  • three

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

  • oooh, tough one. I have both The Graveyard Book and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies waiting. I think I have to go with Jane Austen and zombies.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

  • Well, I had planned on spending part of the day at work, but got sick instead. So, not really, I guess.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

  • Interruptions from the dog and my husband. :) Usually by giving a little attention things get back to normal.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

  • How fast it goes by!! Noon came too soon, when I stopped to do schoolwork that I had neglected (instead of going to work). It was great to get back to reading.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

  • I guess I'm discovering how we really are all spread out all over the globe, so it's not really fair for me to ask that we start later than 12pm GMT . . . :P

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

  • I think I would focus on one or the other, not do both, even though I had a legitimate reason for doing both this year.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

  • Oh yeah. I got up at 5am after not being able to fall asleep until midnight-ish. I tried to go to bed early!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

  • Pizza! It's a life saver.
Update
Title of book(s) read since last update: Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Number of books read since you started: three
Pages read since last update: 153
Running total of pages read since you started: 385
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 70 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 6 hours and 40 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Jodie's
Other participants you’ve visited: everyone who participated in my mini-challenge! Thank you all!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Good job on completing 3 books!