Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Read-A-Thon has begun!!

The Read-A-Thon has officially started, it is 5am where I am. (I'm actually cheating and typing this post up Friday night - yay for scheduling!)
So far I simply plan on getting through as many of my books in my to-read pile as possible. I am reading three books right now, and I expect to finish those during the 24 hours. They are The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan, Spin by Robert Charles Wilson, and Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I will be starting The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz today for sure. Other possible reads are The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, The Living Bread by Thomas Merton, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I am not ruling out any of the books in my various stacks (there are a few dozen to choose from), but these are the primary candidates.
I will also be cheerleading from noon to 5pm my time. I will be running a mini-challenge during that time as well. I had planned on this break because I was supposed to be at work, but now I think I'm actually calling in sick. I may use the break to do schoolwork, and I think that textbooks are fair game for the read-a-thon as well.
I haven't decided how I will be updating. Probably not hourly, but often enough. Yay! Here we go!!

2 comments:

Thaydra said...

Oh my goodness... I could never get through that many books in 24 hours!! I'd be lucky to finish one and start on a second! Kudos to you!

Jessica said...

I honestly have no idea how many I'll get through. I'm a fast reader, but I've never actually paid this much attention to my time! I guess I'll found out.