I think for one of these updates I'm going to see how many challenges I read books for - maybe my final update, we'll see. 'Cause I'm sure these all count for at least two!
Another update - hubby has said he will stay up with me, though he'll probably be playing video games rather than reading. :) The dog I think is planning on sleeping.
I haven't decided if I'll keep reading The Brief Life etc, or if I will pick up one of my other books. I may be getting into zombie territory, in more ways then one! Okay, I'm sold on my own idea, I will be reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies after this break.
And now for this hour's challenge, from Jessica at the Bluestocking Society (I'm doing option # 2:
give us a list of your top favorite rereads of all time. You know, those books that you can go to time and time again for comfort and escape. (listed here in no particular order, besides the order in which they came into my head.)
- The Chronicles of Narnia - I just love these no matter that they messed up the Prince Caspian movie, what can you expect from Hollywood? These are always lovely to sink in to.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy - yes it's clear that fantasy is my favorite escape. I love the story, the world, the language, the characters, everything.
- The Handmaid's Tale - for no real reason I can articulate this is my favorite book and I could reread it uncountable times.
- Most books by Octavia Butler, but especially the Xenogenesis series and The Parables - lovely, lovely writing and I love her characters - so strong and courageous!
- The Belgariad and the Mallorean by David Eddings - like I said, I love fantasy.
Title of book(s) read since last update: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Number of books read since you started: four, three finished
Pages read since last update: 88
Running total of pages read since you started: 548 (ack, I'm even starting to lose where I'm keeping this information tallied!)
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 110 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 9 hours and 55 minutes (ugh . . math)
Mini-challenges completed: Jodie's, Tammie's, Debbie's, Jessica's