Sunday, April 19, 2009

Read-A-Thon Update # 9 and donations

This may or may not be my last update. I'll do a final wrap-up, but I haven't decided if that will be at the end, or some time tomorrow after I've slept. I guess we'll see. I'm still reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It is amusing. I am trying to remember how the younger Bennett sisters were portrayed in the original - in this one they are obnoxious brats, for the most part. I think Grahame-Smith is setting them up to be happily killed off in a zombie plague.
Despite his desire to stay up with me, my husband has gone to bed.
I'm thinking of putting aside the two books I've been reading recently. Neither will be finished tonight. I kind of wanted to finish another one tonight, so I think I'll be reading a book from my pile that was not on my original list for tonight. It is a novella by Dan Simmons that I heard about for the first time last year, and I've been waiting for it ever since. It's called Muse of Fire.
For the hour 23 meme we are talking about charity donations. I decided to donate $5 for every hour I read to ProLiteracy Worldwide. So it will be less than $100 but more than $60. Beyond that we'll know the details at the end!

Update
Title of book(s) read since last update: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Number of books read since you started: five, three finished
Pages read since last update: 82
Running total of pages read since you started: 722
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 100 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 13 hours and 25 minutes

No comments: